Choregraphe 2.8.7 3D view keeps crashing

Posted over 1 year ago by Johann Petrak

Post a topic
Un Answered
J
Johann Petrak

Running Choregraphe 2.8.7 on Ubuntu 22.04 with a Nvidia graphics card.

This worked fine for a while, no Choregraphe shows that the 3D is crashing on startup every time I run it.
Same happens with previous versions of Choregraph (tested 2.5.10.7)

Working with this software is incredibly frustrating, web pages keep moving, when trying to find information one often finds outdated documentation, the API documentation is extremely lacking.
It seems to be impossible to get support easily either.
How to figure out what is wrong, how to correct this problem, how to submit a bug report for Choregraphe?

PS: even this forum is badly made, e.g. the even after logging in one gets annoyed with an I am not a robot visual challenge which is embedded in a tiny Iframe so one cannot even see all of the image to choose from at the same time!

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
U

Ultech posted 4 months ago

Hello community. I am having the same difficulty on our Windows10 workstation with an NVIDIA 1070 graphics card. While using Choregraphe 2.8.6.23 yesterday, the appliction crashed. Upon reopening, it began giving the same error as the Original Poster of this thread, stating that 3D view is not working, and that does not let me use the Virtual Robot (NAO v6).

Please advise on best next-steps.

0 Votes

J

Johann Petrak posted over 1 year ago

Thanks - yes, I actually forgot that there was a problem with libz as well, I solved it in a similar way by copying into the choregraphe lib dir.

0 Votes

Lukas Brandt

Lukas Brandt posted over 1 year ago

Hey Johann,

I am not part of the Support Team, but in my case to make Choregraphe even run on my System (Ubuntu), I needed to do some post installation steps. Maybe you can try them if you haven't already:

Post Installation Steps Choregraphe 2.8 Linux:

• Navigate to your Choregraphe lib folder:
  • cd /opt/Softbank\ Robotics/Choregraphe\ Suite\ 2.8/lib/

• Back Up the old Library
  • sudo mv libz.so.1 libz.so.1.bak

• And relink them with the System ones
  • sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so libz.so.1

• Start Choregraphe and check if your problems got fixed.

0 Votes

J

Is anyone from support actually ever attending to these forums?

0 Votes

J

OK, found out these things:

* environment variable QI_SDK_PREFIX must not be set (wrongly)

* removing all the config files from older versions in .config may help:

* "Softbank Robotics", "naoqi", "qimessaging", "choregraphe", "Aldebaran Robotics"

After this, the crash disappeared and the 3D display worked

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment